Monday, March 28, 2011

Bird Walk in Swan Area

Dear Firends,
Work took me last evening to Una district. Stayed at Nagal, Satluj Sadan..a great place to stay.
It was nice of Prabhat Bhatti to take me and my wife for a bird walk in the Swan area towards Tahliwal. We had a good walk and sightings. Saw the following:

1. Honey Buzzard
2. Kestrel
3. Sand Larks
4. Grey Francolins
5. Black Ibis
6. Common Moorhens
7. Parakeets
8. Green Bee eaters
9. Pied Bushchats (they were busy nesting and had chosen mates)
10. Pied Kingfishers
11. White throated Kingfishers
12. Gargeny
13. Sarus Cranes
14. Munias
15. Laughing Doves
16. Collared Doves
17. Mynas
18. Pied Mynas
19. Grey herons
20. Purple heron
21. Cattle egret
22. Sunbird
23. Paddyfield Pipits
24. Drongos
25. Red Wattled
26.Long tailed shrike
27. Pied Wagtails
28. Bar headed geese in flight
29. Crested Lark
30. House Sparrow
31. Black Kite in flight
32. Oriental Skylarks

I think thats what I can remember. Hope Prabhat will jog my memory. Will post some pics tomoro.
Thanks Prabhat for the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment